Agile with Scrum
Advanced 2 day training course
Trainer: Johan Martens
Software projects are highly complex environments where it is impossible to know and to plan everything upfront. Rather than plan, direct and instruct, Scrum is aimed at coaching and facilitating development teams to deliver business value in urgent and critical situations. For most organizations, the challenge is to migrate from traditional managed projects towards agile driven projects.
This course is the first step to this radical change. It will give you an in-depth introduction on Scrum and how to thrive projects with this agile approach. Besides the theory, participants will get a chance to apply the agile approach this training on a business case.
- Set up, plan, manage and end a software development project using Agile practices
- Reduce uncertainty and risk by applying Agile principles through the Scrum method
- Deliver required functionality and adding value to business objectives the agile way
- Enable an environment of self-management for your software development team
- Enhance your team’s responsiveness to change through accelerated on-the-job learning
- Apply Agile practices for large and complex projects and make them work within the company organization
This course will give a common understanding on Scrum Agile Project Management, and is an enabler to grow faster to a highly performing development team and changes the view on how projects can be done.
For project managers, team members, software architects, IT consultants and other stakeholders. Basic knowledge of software development is required.
This jumpstart package contains the following topics:
- Scrum Overview
- Product Backlog, User Stories, Story Estimating
- Understand Scrum roles and responsibilities, ScrumMaster, Product Owner, Team
- Sprint Meetings, Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review
- Tracking, Backlogs, Burndown charts
- Coping with Technical Debt
- More on Scrum Teams, Self Organizing, Multi-Team Project
You can reserve a date in our open to subscription agenda. Take a look at our upcoming Scrum events.
This training is also offered as an on-site event. Dates and times will be arranged according to company requirements. The course can be alternatively planned in 4 afternoon or evening sessions. Please contact us for a tailor-made offering.
- Scrum Master
- PRINCE2 Agile
- Stakeholder Management and Communication in Projects
- Effective Presentation skills
- Requirements Management
- Bid Management
- Project Portfolio Management
- Programme Management